UK Imports: Everything You Need to Know About Pre-Lodgement

UK pre-lodgement model

In the wake of the post-Brexit transitionary period, the UK revamped many of its export and import policies and conventions. Many of the steps that were taken by Great Britain at this time were toward frontier operations and to control the flow of goods from the EU into Great Britain.

In this vein, Great Britain is now using the pre-lodgement model to gain better control over the goods that come into the UK from EU member states. Accordingly, this pragmatic approach to import control has caused the UK to delay the introduction of many imports until complete controls are in place by the beginning of 2022.

This article will discuss everything you need to know about pre-lodgement when importing goods to the UK. If you are a port, wharf, or other frontier operator, who dispatches or receives freight from the EU, this article will help you understand how these changes affect you.

The Pre-Lodgement Model

In advance of goods being boarded on freight on the EU side, traders will be required to submit a customs declaration. According to the pre-lodgement model, the carrier of the goods (train, ferry, or plane operator) must ensure that a declaration has been pre-lodged prior to the good being boarded at the EU departure point.

During the crossing of the goods, HM Revenue and Customs will assess the risk of the lodged declarations, and once the imports have been cleared or not, the operator of the carrier will be informed. Accordingly, this ensures that checks are only carried out when required and that most imported goods will be cleared to continue their journey once they have arrived in the UK.

If the goods in question have not been cleared, however, they will be held by the frontier operators at the relevant location until HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) indicate that the goods are cleared for import.

Import Timeline under the Pre-Lodgement Model

According to the pre-lodgement model of UK imports that is now underway, traders, carriers, and frontier operators will have to follow the following steps:

Step One: Trader

The trader of the goods being imported to the UK must ensure that all EU goods being imported to mainland Britain have had customs declarations submitted in advance of the goods being boarded onto carriers on the EU side.

All customs declarations of goods being imported to the UK from EU states must be made through HMRC-approved IT systems.

Step Two: Carrier

Before boarding the goods on the carrier, the carrier operator must make sure that customs declarations have been submitted for all goods on board.

Step Three: Frontier Locations

In case the frontier location is not mandated for pre-lodgement, the frontier operators must inform carriers that goods should not arrive at the site without pre-lodgement declarations.

Step Four: Goods Released

If goods arriving at the frontier location are selected for checking, they will be subjected to customs compliance activities either at an inland site or the border location in question.

Final Words

In the wake of the post-Brexit transition period, the UK has revamped its policies and regulations concerning imports coming to the UK from EU states. Accordingly, all imports must follow the pre-lodgement model, which is the responsibility of traders, carriers, and frontier operators to carry out.

Rules on Bringing Food Products into the UK from the EU

restrictions of food imports to the UK

The aftermath of the post-Brexit transition period saw the UK make several changes to its policies and regulations regarding imports from and exports to and through the EU.

One of the most key policy shifts that the UK has mandated following the post-Brexit transition period is the regulatory activity surrounding bringing food products into the UK from the EU. This article will outline the rules for bringing food products into the UK and how they affect traders, carriers, and frontier operators.

Non-Restricted Food Products for Import into the UK

The following food products and animal products can be imported into the UK from any country, including any EU member state, without any restrictions:

  • Bread (but not sandwiches that have meat or dairy products inside)
  • Cakes (but without fresh cream)
  • Biscuits
  • Chocolate and confectionery (but not those made with a lot of unprocessed dairy products)
  • Pasta and noodles (but not if filled or mixed with meat products)
  • Packages soup, stocks, and flavourings
  • Processed and packaged plant products, including packaged salads and frozen plant material
  • Food supplements, including those containing small amounts of animal product, such as fish oil capsules

Restricted Food Products for Import into the UK

Following the post-Brexit transition period, the UK mandated policies that placed restrictions on meat, dairy, fish, and other animal products imported into the UK from other countries, particularly EU member states.

The rules on bringing meat, dairy, fish, and other meat products into the UK depend on the country you are getting them from.

From the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Greenland, and the Faroe Islands

While you cannot bring meat, fish, dairy, or any other meat or animal products to the UK from other countries via a connecting flight, the following food products can be brought into the UK from the countries listed above for personal usage:

  • Meat
  • Dairy
  • Fish
  • Other animal products – such as eggs, honey, etc.

Non-EU Member States

If you are bringing food or animal products into the UK from a non-EU member state, the following rules will apply:

  • You cannot bring meat or meat products into the UK
  • You cannot bring milk or milk-based products into the UK. The exceptions to this rule are powdered infant milk or food required for pets or medical reasons

However, you can bring in up to 2kg per person of the following food and animal product

  • Honey
  • Shellfish – such as mussels or oysters
  • Snails – these must be preserved or shelled and must be transported in a cooked state
  • Frogs’ legs – Must be the rear legs of the frog with the skin and organs removed
  • Insect meat

Lastly, you can bring in up to 20kg per person of the following fish products:

  • Fresh fish – must be gutted
  • Fish products
  • Processed fish – must be dried, cooked, cured, or smoked
  • Lobsters
  • Prawns

Final Words

In the wake of the post-Brexit transition period, the UK has mandated several changes to its import policies. Many of these changes are regarding the restrictions placed on food and animal products imported to the UK from EU member states and other non-EU countries.

Exporting Goods from Great Britain: What You Need to Know About CTC Movements

Exporting Goods from Great Britain

In the wake of the Brexit post-transition period, you might be wondering whether you need to use common transit or union transit to export your goods outside of Great Britain.

This article will discuss what CTC movements are and what kind of transit you need to use to export your goods from Great Britain. By the end, you will better understand what is required of you when exporting goods from Great Britain after Brexit.

What are CTC Movements?

CTC stands for common transit conventions, or common transit countries, and is used for moving goods between the countries that are a part of the CTC. This includes all the EU member states, EFTA countries, including Norway, Iceland, Switzerland, and Liechtenstein, Turkey, Macedonia, and Serbia.

At the time when Great Britain was a member of the EU, the nation was also a part of the CTC. Today, in the post-Brexit period, Great Britain has negotiated membership in the CTC in its own right, even though the nation is no longer a member of the EU.

Therefore, any post-Brexit trading relationship between Great Britain and an EU state will follow the guidelines appropriate to CTC movements. UK-based businesses must declare that they are exporting under CTC, and although the businesses themselves aren’t registered for CTC, Great Britain as a nation is still registered.

Benefits of CTC Movements

If you are wondering why Great Britain was adamant about negotiating membership in the CTC after exiting from the EU, the answer is simple. Multiple benefits come with being a member of the CTC.

As a means of moving goods out of the UK or through EU states, CTC movements allow you to move your goods quickly through foreign customs territories without having to declare your goods multiple times.

Requirements for CTC Movements Out of Great Britain

As a UK-based business, you can use common transit to move your goods to other common transit countries. Below are the steps you need to take as an exporter and as a haulier of goods being exported to CTC members from the UK.

For Exporters

  1. Apply for an Economic Operators Registration and Identification (EORI)
  2. Work out how much transit guarantee you require
  3. Get a transit/customs guarantee
  4. Apply for access to the New Computerised Transit System (NCTS)
  5. Apply for admission to Customs Handling of Import and Export Freight (CHIEF)

For Hauliers

  1. Ensure that you have adequate information regarding the goods in question from the exporter
  2. Ensure that you have all your professional details and can provide them whenever asked

Final Words

Although Great Britain is no longer a member of the EU, the nation has negotiated membership in the CTC on its own terms.

Therefore, UK-based businesses and exporters who are moving their goods outside the UK to other CTC members must follow the steps outlined in this article to move their goods via common transit conventions.

Exit Summary Declaration – What it is and When to Make it?

UK Hauliers

If you are a UK haulier moving goods outside the UK and you haven’t filled out a full customs export declaration, you’ll need to make an exit summary declaration.

Most of the goods exported from the UK are typically covered by a complete export declaration, including safety and security data. Therefore, while an exit summary declaration is not a common requirement for UK hauliers, they are submitted similarly to an export declaration.

This article will discuss what an exit summary declaration is, who must submit one, and when you are required to make it.

What is an Exit Summary Declaration?

An exit summary declaration is documentation that permits a UK haulier to transport goods out of the UK to the EU. The documentation acts in the same way as a full customs export declaration, which is required for the same reason.

As of 1 October 2021, all exports from the UK to the EU will require an exit summary declaration. This change comes as a result of the temporary waiver for safety and security requirements on exports from the UK no longer being recognised.

Who Must Submit an Exit Summary Declaration?

The operator of the means of transport that is being used to export goods outside the UK is required to submit an exit summary declaration. Whether they are driving a road vehicle, a train, or an aircraft, the operator is legally responsible for ensuring that the UK customs authority is provided with complete pre-departure safety and security information.

While you can avail yourself of the option of having an intermediary fill out the exit summary declaration requirement on your behalf, we recommend you do it yourself to avoid any unnecessary hassle.

When to Submit an Exit Summary Declaration

Below are listed the situations that require an exit summary declaration to be submitted:

  • Containers or vehicles are moving under a transport contract require an exit summary declaration.
  • Goods to be exported have been in temporary storage for over a fortnight.
  • Goods to be exported have been in temporary storage for under a fortnight, but details of the import safety and security declaration are unknown.
  • Goods to be exported are moved under transit, and there is no full export declaration.

Lastly, UK hauliers do not require an exit summary declaration when:

  • Goods are being transported to Northern Ireland from Britain.
  • Goods are being transported between Great Britain and Northern Ireland under common transit procedures
  • Exports of electrical energy
  • Goods being transported via pipeline
  • Goods are moving in a traveller’s personal baggage.
  • Empty containers that are not moving under a transport contract.

Final Words

In the wake of the post-Brexit transition period, the UK has had to revamp some of the documentation and permits required by UK hauliers to transport goods to the EU.

To learn more about making an exit summary declaration, check out HM Revenue and Customs’ post on here.

Documents and Permits Required by UK Haulier to Access EU States

UK hauliers permits

In the wake of both Brexit and the COVID pandemic, the EU has mandated various changes in the necessary documentation and permits of UK hauliers who require access to states in the European Union. Hauliers and commercial drivers who pick up and move goods between the UK and EU must have the appropriate documentation and permits in order to perform their jobs.

This article will serve as a brief guide regarding UK Haulier documents and UK Haulier permits that are now required by all UK Hauliers in order to access EU states.

Operator Licencing

All UK hauliers who continue to transport goods internationally to the EU will continue to require the relevant operator licence. Starting 1 January 2021, hauliers with community licences will automatically be issued a replacement licence known as the ‘UK Licence for the Community.’

From 1 January 2021 onwards, all UK hauliers must carry a ‘UK Licence for the Community’ with them on board. Notably, possession of this licence alone does not guarantee UK hauliers the right to do business to, from, and within the EU.

ECMT Permits

As of 1 January 2021, UK hauliers transporting goods through or to the EU will require an ECMT permit or European Conference of Ministers Transport Permit. Notably, this permit is not required for all journeys to and through the EU.

The ECMT permit will be required for a handful of journeys, the details of which will depend on the outcome of UK-EU negotiations in the near future.

Motor Insurance Green Card

A Motor Insurance Green Card is an international certificate of motor insurance. This green card is required in the 48 countries that are part of the Green Card Scheme in the EU.

Starting 1 January 2021, UK hauliers are required to carry a Motor Insurance Green Card to drive their freight vehicles into the EU.

GB Sticker

UK Hauliers transporting goods on freight vehicles to the EU are required to display a GB sticker, ideally fixed to the rear of the vehicle and the rear of the trailer. Even if the number plates of the vehicle and trailer include the GB identifier below the EU logo, UK hauliers are still required to display a GB sticker.

Transport Manager Certificate of Professional Competence

The Transport Manager Certificate of Professional Competence, or Transport Manager CPC, is required documentation for UK hauliers who need to transport goods to or through the EU. Transport managers working for UK operators who already hold this certification do not require additional qualifications.

Notably, however, as of 1 January 2021, UK Transport Manager CPC will not be recognised as valid by EU operators.

Final Words

In a world recovering from the post-Brexit transition period, UK hauliers will need to update their documents, permits, and certifications in order to continue transporting goods to or through the EU.

For more information on the UK haulier documents required after 1 January 2021, visit the Department of Transport’s post on here.

Types of Business Crimes and Commercial Frauds You Must Know About

Commercial Frauds

Business crimes and commercial frauds are some of the most common and devious criminal activities taking place today. Although there are many different types of business crimes, they all have one thing in common: the victim suffers a personal and financial loss.

Commercial or consumer frauds involve the use of deceptive and misleading business practises, and while all consumers are at risk of commercial fraud, the most commonly victimised people are senior citizens and college students.

This article will outline different types of commercial frauds so that you know when you are being misled by unethical business practitioners and aren’t deceived into experiencing a financial loss.

Identity Theft

Identity theft is a type of business crime where your personal information is stolen by someone else. This personal information includes your social security number, name, bank account number, and credit card information.

Identity thieves use your personal information to access your bank accounts and finances, typically resulting in the draining of your funds. They can even take out bank loans in your name or use your health insurance to cover their medical bills.

Mortgage Fraud

Mortgage fraud is one of the most common types of commercial fraud taking place today. The FBI annually deals with thousands of such scams, most of which are aimed at distressed homeowners. Mortgage fraud scams involve foreclosure rescue schemes, equity skimming, and loan modification schemes.

Mortgage fraud is typically carried out by mortgage and real estate professionals, who use their authority and specialised knowledge to deceive the victim into releasing their funds. The FBI recommends that homeowners protect themselves against mortgage fraud by avoiding unsolicited advice related to a real estate deal.

Credit and Debit Card Fraud

Credit or Debit card fraud occurs when someone finds or steals your credit or debit card and obtains your personal and bank information. Once they have a hold of this information, the thief can use your card to purchase goods for themselves.

Credit and Debit card fraud is one of the most common types of commercial fraud today. However, you can avoid it by watching out for red flags such as unrecognisable charges on your bank statement or orders from locations you have not visited.

COVID-19 Scams

COVID-19 scams are about as new as the virus itself. These scams came about due to the fast-paced government legislation, which created opportunities for scammers to take advantage of people by using financial need and fear as their main drivers.

If you are contacted by someone regarding a new vaccine or brand new cure or are contacted by someone pretending to be a representative of the CDC or WHO, do not engage them in conversation because they are most probably involved in a COVID-19 scam.

Final Words

With so many different types of business crimes happening today, everyone needs to be on the lookout for misleading and deceptive practises by a person who contacts you and speaks with an air of authority.

For more information on the different types of commercial frauds, visit, where you can learn about the signs of fraudulent practises and what you can do to avoid them.

What You Need to Know about Post-Brexit Immigration in the UK

Post-Brexit immigration

In the wake of Brexit, the United Kingdom revamped its immigration process and systems for EU citizens. As of 31 December 2020, free movement between the UK and the EU ended, and now there are new arrangements in place for EU citizens who want to travel to, work, or live in the UK.

In this article, we will outline everything you need to know about post-Brexit immigration in the UK. By the end, you will have a better understanding of the points-based system for skilled workers, the visa application process, and immigration routes for students and married couples.

Visa Application Process

In the wake of Brexit, new immigration routes have been developed for applicants who want to work, study, or live in the UK. While you can apply for this visa online, upon applying, you will be asked to provide biometric information. The process for providing biometric information is slightly different depending on where you currently hold citizenship.

For citizens of the European Union (EU), the European Economic Area (EEA), and Switzerland, the visa application process involves providing a digital photograph of your face using a smartphone application. Notably, you will not have to get your fingerprints scanned.

On the other hand, Non-EU citizens will have to submit scans of their fingerprints and a photograph of their face at an overseas visa application centre.

Points-Based System for Skilled Workers

The UK has developed a points-based system for skilled workers to immigrate to the UK as long as they have received a job offer from an approved sponsor or employer.

For the points-based system to apply, you will need to be offered a job at a skill level of RQF3 or above. Notably, it is also necessary for the applicant to speak English, or else they will not be able to apply. Moreover, the applicant must be paid the relevant salary threshold by their sponsor, which is either the going rate of your job or the general threshold of £25,600, whichever happens, to be higher.

Learn more about the UK’s points-based system here.

International Students and Graduates

Along with skilled workers routes, student visa routes have also been developed for EU, EEA, and Swiss citizens who want to apply for a visa to study in the UK. As of the beginning of 2021, a student can apply for a visa to study in the UK if:

  • The student has been offered a place in a course
  • The student can speak, read, write, and understand English
  • The student has enough money to support themselves and pay the course fee

Marriage Visitor Visa

If you want to visit the UK to get married or register a civil partnership, you will have to apply for a Marriage Visitor Visa. You must apply for a marriage visitor visa even if you or your family are citizens of the European Union, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland, or Liechtenstein.

Final Words

In a post-Brexit world, the United Kingdom has almost entirely revamped its immigration systems and regulations. The new application process includes routes for students and graduates, married couples, and skilled workers, for whom a points-based system has been developed.

Family Law Solicitors Answer FAQs Regarding Family Law after Brexit

UK family law

In the wake of the Brexit transition period, which came to an end on 31 December 2020, family law saw a few changes affect disputes surrounding child custody, divorce recognition, and other aspects of family law.

If you are involved in a family dispute with someone living in the United Kingdom or Northern Ireland, you must consider having a detailed discussion with your lawyer about how the UK’s withdrawal from the EU may impact the proceedings of your particular case.

In this article, we will outline how various aspects of family law in the UK have changed after Brexit.

However, it is worth noting that there is a large variety of family law cases, each with its own particularities. Therefore, the information contained in this article provides nothing more than a general overview of UK family law after Brexit.

Maintenance Cooperation

If you have a child support or family maintenance arrangement with someone living in the United Kingdom or Northern Ireland, there are mechanisms in place to ensure that this maintenance cooperation can continue.

If you are the recipient of maintenance prior to 31 December 2020, your situation will not change. However, if you have applied for a maintenance decision through the Department of Justice Central Authority prior to 1 January 2021, it will continue to be dealt with based on the current arrangements.

Divorce Recognition

After the end of the Brexit transition period, the UK is no longer covered by EU laws about matrimonial matters, including recognition of divorce. What this means for divorce recognition in the UK is that UK divorces, legal separations, and marriage annulments will be dealt with through legislation.

According to the Withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union Bill 2020, divorces, legal separations, and marriage annulments granted in the UK after EU family law legislation came into operation in 2001 will be recognised based on habitual residence rather than domicile requirements.

Parental Responsibility

Following the end of the Brexit transition period, EU laws pertaining to parental responsibility do not cover the UK any longer. However, there are still provisions in place to ensure that issues of parental responsibility within family law can be appropriately and effectively addressed.

With regards to parental responsibility, the United Kingdom is now considered in the same way as countries like New Zealand and Australia.

Accordingly, cases pertaining to parental responsibility in the UK and measures for the protection of children under family law will be governed by the Hague Convention on Jurisdiction in Respect of Parental Responsibility and Measures for the Protection of Children 1996.

Final Words

In the wake of the Brexit transition period, EU legislation concerning family law no longer covers family disputes in the UK. This includes maintenance cooperation, divorce recognition, and parental responsibility laws.

Therefore, if you are involved in a family dispute with a UK or Northern Ireland citizen, or involving a British court, ensure that you discuss with your lawyer how the UK withdrawal from the EU will impact the proceedings of your particular case.

The General Process of Moving Goods from the GB to EU: An Overview

Containers for transferring goods

From 1 January 2022, comprehensive export controls and inspections will be in place, and border locations will be required to implement mechanisms for the control of items destined for export.

The ports will make use of a port inventory system for the temporary storage model in which hauliers/trailer operators must adhere to commercial instructions or the pre-lodgement procedure for non-inventory linked ports/terminals using the GVMS. Read on to understand the general process of moving goods from GB to the EU.

Moving Goods from the GB to EU

When a driver collects goods from the premises of an authorised consignor in order to transport them into the EU, the driver must be provided with all customs documentation required to enter the EU. If the driver is collecting goods and the necessary documentation from a permitted consignee, the driver is not required to stop at an IBF en route to the border. Instead, they may proceed immediately.

If the driver is not collecting goods for export from an authorised consignor and the commodities are in transit, the driver must attend an IBF to initiate/activate the transit movement. The IBF is where they will receive the paper document (TAD) that must be scanned at the border exiting Great Britain.

If the goods are not in transit, the exporter/agent/freight forwarder shall supply the haulier with the MRN(s) for the pre-lodged import declaration(s) for the member state into which the haulier is transiting.

What Are The Export Regulations?

The exporter is responsible for notifying the haulage company of the Permission to Progress (P2P) and allowing them to depart towards the border. To leave products at inventory-linked ports, including any unaccompanied freight, the trailer operator must supply the Unique Consignment Number (UCN) provided by the exporter.


However, for inventory-linked ports, the details of the EU import are not yet clear. It is possible that the driver may be unaware of the EU import at the time of export. The exporter/loader must explain to the driver/trailer operator the regulations of the EU member states.

What Will Be Different On 1 January 2022?

For empty shipments or loads with repeated import or export declarations, hauliers must continue to create a goods movement reference (GMR). If hauliers are leaving the UK via the GVMS, they must comply with the following requirements prior to arrival:

  • Request that the exporter or agent provide accurate references for each consignment carried.
  • Combine all of these references, along with any safety and security declaration references, into a single GMR for each vehicle movement.
  • Update the GMR with the correct vehicle registration number (VRN)

Prior to Exiting GB

When transporting accompanied RoRo freight, the driver must possess all relevant reference numbers and paperwork to satisfy the import requirements of the EU country into which they are travelling. Unless another party has agreed to assume responsibility for this as part of its incoterms, it is the responsibility of the GB exporter to ensure this is done. You may be required to submit an EXS declaration.

At the EU’s Border

The driver must adhere to the import and border procedures of the EU member state into which they are travelling. It is recommended to confirm procedures in advance as they may vary by port.

Contact us if you have any questions regarding the process of moving goods from GB to the EU. We will help you understand the regulations and requirements and assist you to stay compliant while exporting goods.

New Regulations for Hauliers & Carriers: What You Need to Know

Trucks transporting goods

New rules for hauliers and carriers transporting goods between the EU and the UK have been announced. Beginning 1 January 2022, all commodities exported from the EU to the UK or exported to the UK will be subject to full customs controls. Read on to learn more about the new regulations and prepare for these changes.

Who Will Be Affected by the New Rules for Hauliers & Carriers?

From 2022, new laws will govern the transport of products to and through Europe. The rules are included in the UK and EU’s Trade and Cooperation Agreement. The new laws will apply to you if you move items using automobiles, trailers, vans, pickup trucks, and other light freight vehicles, and vehicles capable of transporting large amounts of material (HGVs).

Registration for the Goods Vehicle Movement Service 

Full customs controls on exports from the UK to the EU are now in place, and the UK government has indicated that full controls on all imports from the EU into the UK will be implemented as scheduled on 1 January 2022. This means that, as of 1 January, certain UK ports will utilise the GVMS IT system for clearing all goods transported between the UK and the EU through customs.

If you have not previously enrolled for Goods Vehicle Movement Service (GVMS), you will be unable to pass your items through customs and be denied entry to the country. Until 31 December 2021, you are only required to use GVMS if you are transporting goods into the UK from the EU in accordance with the Common Transit Convention.

Even though you are not required to use it immediately, you should register for GVMS today to ensure compliance with the new standards effective 1 January 2022.

Who Is Required To Register?

You must register for GVMS if you are an independent driver and completing your own customs paperwork, a company that sub-contracts to pick up goods on behalf of another business, or a logistics company hired to transport goods and complete customs processes. Large retail businesses transporting and declaring goods must also register.

Goods Movement Reference (GMR)

Ports that utilise the GVMS for cargo management will require pre-lodged declaration references to be combined into a single reference number referred to as a Goods Movement Reference (GMR). To check in with the carrier, you must produce a valid GMR.

If you are the driver transporting the items, you will often construct your own GMR. However, a third party can perform this function – for example, the management of your haulier or the trader’s customs agent or freight forwarder. You must build a single GMR for each car. As the driver, you must ensure that you have the GMR and all relevant customs information and documentation before reaching the border. You can learn more about GMR at

Updates to EU-GB Import Controls

The UK Government has announced a new pragmatic timeline for implementing full import controls on products imported from the EU. Customs declarations and controls on goods imported from the EU will continue to be implemented as scheduled from 1 January, which means that:

  • Businesses will be unable to postpone the filing of import declarations. If you are transporting goods from the EU via ports that use the pre-lodgement model or the Goods Vehicle Movement System (GVMS), the firm transporting the goods must complete full import declarations prior to reaching the UK border.
  • All border crossing points will be required to begin policing goods. This means that you will be unable to enter the port with products unless they have been cleared by customs.

Moreover, from 1 July 2022, safety and security Entry Summary (ENS) disclosures for products transported from the EU to the United Kingdom will also be required.

Other modifications pertain to the requirement for certificates and inspections of live animals and agri-food products. Additional information about the changes is available on the website.


Get in touch with an experienced lawyer to learn more about the changing regulation and how the change may impact you.